Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Few Items of Note

In this post, I'm going to highlight a few things that I have been working on that aren't big enough to warrant their own blog entry, but that are worth pointing out. Note: If you follow me on Twitter (i.e. @dmohl) you may have already heard about these things.

1. In Feb. of this year, I blogged about the F# PowerPack being added to NuGet gallery. Since that time, there have been several requests to add the .NET 4 binaries to that NuGet package. I'm happy to say that a new version of the FSPowerPack.Community package has been uploaded that includes these binaries.

2. In Jan. of this year, an F# ASP.NET MVC 3 template was announced. There have been a few reports of an exception on some operating systems during the extension installation that points to a specific path that is too long. For those of you who are experiencing this error, there is a VSIX with a reduced path length available for download at https://sites.google.com/site/danodocs/Home/FSMVC3_min.vsix.

3. Have you visited the F# Snippets site yet? If not, I strongly recommend checking it out. While you are there, have a look at the WPF/Silverlight Value Converter base class and sample concrete implementation as well as an example of a WPF/Silverlight Attached Property. I'd love to hear what you think. Along these lines, I've been working on a few additions to the F# WPF templates that have been announced on this blog. If you have any enhancement requests, send them my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment